Vai alla Homepage del Portale di Ateneo First Cycle Degree/Bachelor in History

Programme enrolment: requirements, deadlines and methods

Logo SUA

General information on admission requirements

To be accepted on this degree programme one needs to have a 5-year high school leaver's certificate orforeign qualification recognised as compatible, or a 4-year high school leaver's diploma plus catch-up year or, where that is no longer being run, proof of having made up an additional learning… Read more

Entrance Requirements

The CISIA On-line Test (TOLC) is required to apply to the open-access History degree programmes.

TOLC-SU is an orientation tool used to assess your initial abilities.

You can sit the TOLC-SU test if you already have a diploma or are attending the fourth or fifth year of secondary school.

You must register for the TOLC on-line via the Cisia website and pay a fee of €30.

Remember that in order to sit the TOLC, it is necessary to register in advance of the date of the identified test (registration closes one week before the date of the test) and that it is possible to book up to the maximum number of places.

Check the calendar that is continuously updated specifying the 2019 dates and locations where the TOLC tests can be sat.

TOLC tests can be sat at any University listed on the CISIA calendar, not just at the location or University that offers your chosen degree programme. At the University of Bologna it is possible to sit the TOLC in the offices of Bologna, Cesena, Forlì, Ravenna and Rimini.

TOLC can be repeated, but you can support TOLC of the same type no more than once a month (calendar month).

As for open-access degree programmes, after taking the TOLC you can enrol in the degree programme of your choice. If your TOLC score is lower than the minimum requirement you will be assigned Additional Learning Requirements.

A score of at least 26 points out of 50 indicates you already possess the skills required for admission.

The test score is broken down as follows:

1 point for every correct answer;
0 points for every question left blank;

-0.25 points for every incorrect answer.

If the score you get in the test is under the threshold, you will be required to complete supplementary training (Obbligo Formativo Aggiuntivo - OFA).

If you are a student with disabilities or specific learning disabilities, you can take an adapted version of the test. See more information on the site for Services for students with special needs and SLD.

If you have a special circumstance and wish to extend your period of study and you are aligned to the exam schedule, you may submit a flexible curriculum application to the student administration office.



After you have checked that all the admission requirements have been met, you can enrol on Studenti online:

  1. complete the application for matriculation with the required data and attach an ID photograph in digital format;
  2. pay the first instalment of tuition fees.

Next, go to the Student Administration Office with a valid ID to activate your student career and get access to University services (such as Almawifi, online study plans, exam registration, libraries). Upon activation, you will receive an e-mail with a QR CODE that you will have to use to print your badge at one of the self-service machines at the University.

If you have a previous university qualification or have completed university course units, you can apply for a shortened degree programme.

If you are a student with disabilities (with a minimum recognised degree of disability of 66%, or if you own have certification issued pursuant to Law 104/92), you are entitled to obtain exemption from tuition fees.

If you have a foreign citizenship and/or qualification, you must also hand in the following documents to the  Student Administration Office:

  •  (only for non-EU students with residency abroad) a copy of your passport and 1 passport photo authenticated by the Italian Embassy;
  • (only for non-EU with EU equivalent status students) a copy of your residence permit providing the status of EU equivalent student;
  • (only for non-EU students with residency abroad) a copy of your entry visa for study purposes, or of the receipt confirming you have applied for a residence permitfor study purposes (studente) or a copy of your residence permit for study purposes, if already obtained;
  • your original high school diplomalegalized and translated, where applicable;
  • the declaration of value, where applicable;
  • (only if the education system in your country lasts 10 or 11 years) the certificate of your academic studies or non-university higher education qualifications, legalized and translated, where applicable;
  • (only if entrance exams are laid down for admission to university in your country) the certificate proving that you have passed any academic tests;
  • any documents required for application for a shortened study programme.

If you are matriculating by submitting only the entry visa for study purposes, also ask the Student Administration Office for an enrolment certificate that you must attach to your residence permit application.

Always check in the specific pages when the declaration of value, the translation or the legalization are not required!