Vai alla Homepage del Portale di Ateneo Second Cycle Degree/Two Year Master in Language, Society and Communication

Programme enrolment: requirements, deadlines and methods

Logo SUA

General information on admission requirements

To attend the 2nd cycle degree programme in Language, Society And Communication, candidates must have obtained a 1st Cycle Degree or Three-year University Diploma,or a Degree (under D.M 509/99 and D.M. 270/04), or a previous Four-year Degree, or other suitable qualification obtained abroad. The… Read more

Notice of the Programme Coordinator (11/30/2018):

The Board of the Course of Study has approved the following changes to the access requirements:

  1. increase of the threshold of the bachelor's degree final grade to 105/110;
  2. introduction of a selective interview in one of the two foreign languages the candidate intends to study further, provided that it is not English

Changes will be definitive only when approved by the Academic Bodies. For further information you can get in contact with Enrico Carlini by writing to or by calling 0512098644.


If you hold an Italian Qualification, click here to check how to enroll to the Master’s Degree in LSC.

If you hold a Foreign Qualification, click here to check how to enroll to the Master’s Degree in LSC.

Entrance Requirements

have a look at the specific Entrance Requirements you need to fulfill in order to enroll in the LSC Programme.

Detailed instructions on how to apply are available in the call for application

Pre-enrolment for students with non-EU citizenship

If you are not an EU citizen, in addition to compliance with the rules and deadlines established by the University of Bologna, you must pre-enrol at the Italian Embassy for your country. Click here to learn more about pre-enrolment at the Embassy.


After you have checked that all the admission requirements have been met, you can enrol on Studenti online:

  1. complete the application for matriculation with the required data and attach an ID photograph in digital format;
  2. pay the first instalment of tuition fees.

Next, go to the Student Administration Office with a valid ID document to collect your student card and obtain access to the University services (such as wifi, libraries, online study plans, exam registration). If you decide to go to the Student Administration Office on the day that you pay the first instalment of your tuition fees, please bring the payment receipt with you. 

If you have a previous university qualification or have completed university course units, you can apply for a shortened degree programme.

If you are a student with disabilities (with a minimum recognised degree of disability of 66%, or if you own have certification issued pursuant to Law 104/92), you are entitled to obtain exemption from tuition fees.

If you have a foreign citizenship and/or qualification, you must also hand in the following documents to the  Student Administration Office:

 Always check in the specific pages when the declaration of value, the translation or the legalization are not required!