Vai alla Homepage del Campus di Rimini Second Cycle Degree/Two Year Master in Resource Economics and Sustainable Development

Programme enrolment: requirements, deadlines and methods

Logo SUA

General information on admission requirements

Access requirements To be able to profitably follow the 2nd CycleDegree Programme in Resource Economics and Sustainable Development, studentsmust possess the following knowledge: - English language (B2 level). Admission to the 2nd cycle degree program isalso subject to the possession of… Read more

Admission to the 2nd cycle degree programme in Resource Economics and ​Sustainable Development (RESD) is open to EU and NON EU citizens.

All candidates shall meet the following:

Entry requirements:

  • 1st cycle degree or equivalent Bachelor level achieved in any subject, awarded by an Italian or an accredited foreign university or university-level institution. This qualification shall grant access to 2nd cycle courses in Italy.

Course requirements:

  • Curricula and personal preparation requirements: Knowledge of fundamental elements in the area of business, economics, law and mathematical-statistical disciplines;
  • English language requirement, at least B2 level 

Check of curricula and personal preparation requirement

-->If you have a foreign qualification read the specific information before continuing.

-->If you are a non-EU citizen resident abroad read the specific information prepared for you.

The access to the degree programme depends on a check on the satisfaction of specific curricula and personal preparation requirements. Failure to pass the verification process precludes enrolment for the course.

Read the attached call for applications carefully as to understand the procedures and the deadlines for carrying out the check of curricula and personal preparation requirements. 

--> If you graduated from a University of Bologna degree programme you can check if you satisfy the curricula requirements by accessing Studenti online:

  1. Select “Degree with exams, dates and grades” from the “Certificates and self-certifications” section and then select “self-certifications”.
  2. Download the list of all exams sat during the previous curriculum followed, together with the related University educational credits and corresponding subject groups.
  3. Examine your University career on your own and compare your career with the access requirements for the degree programme.
  4. Access Studenti online and complete the "self-certification of access requirements” form in the Matriculation section.

    --> If you graduated from another University, you can check if you satisfy the curricula requirements by downloading from the website of your previous University the career self-certification form, as well as the list of all exams sat during the previous curriculum followed, together with the related University educational credits and corresponding subject groups. If your University does not have an on-line self-certification form, complete the "declaration in lieu of certification" form available from Studenti online.

Shoul you meet the curricula requirements you can submit your application online, to the attention of the Admissions Committee, for the evaluation process. 

Follow instructions in the call for applications.  

The Committee will assess the adequacy of your personal preparation. You can enrol if you are found to be suitable. You cannot enrol if you found to be unsuitable.

Before you start your RESD's application

Make sure you have all your supporting documents scanned, signed and ready to be upload in pdf form. Required documents include:  

  • evidence of qualifications (certificates or transcripts) to show that you meet or expect to meet the entry requirements; 
  • personal statement detailing why you wish to study the course, your experiences, what you can bring to the course and any other information that you see as relevant to your application (properly signed* or ​the application will be null and void);
  • CV: do use the CV template from attachments (properly signed* or the application will be null and void). Name the file as "CV + your full name"
  • copy of your personal ID or Passport
  • evidence of English language ability at B2 level
  • Reference letter ( it should be uploaded by the reference person through a link sent by studenti online during the application)

Applying for RESD programme

You'll need to complete and submit our online application procedure to apply for RESD master's course at The University of Bologna.

You can save and return to your RESD application as many times as you like before submitting, just remember to save once you've completed the application procedure.


After you have checked that all the admission requirements have been met, you can enrol on Studenti online:

  1. complete the application for matriculation with the required data and attach an ID photograph in digital format;
  2. pay the first instalment of tuition fees.

Next, go to the Student Administration Office with a valid ID document to collect your student card and obtain access to the University services (such as wifi, libraries, online study plans, exam registration). If you decide to go to the Student Administration Office on the day that you pay the first instalment of your tuition fees, please bring the payment receipt with you. 

If you have a previous university qualification or have completed university course units, you can apply for a shortened degree programme.

If you are a student with disabilities (with a minimum recognised degree of disability of 66%, or if you own have certification issued pursuant to Law 104/92), you are entitled to obtain exemption from tuition fees.

If you have a foreign citizenship and/or qualification, you must also hand in the following documents to the  Student Administration Office:

 Always check in the specific pages when the declaration of value, the translation or the legalization are not required!

List of deadlines

intake 1, open to NON EU applicants from 2018-02-06 00:00 to 2018-04-05 00:00
intake 2, open to NON EU applicants from 2018-04-23 00:00 to 2018-06-07 00:00
Intake 3, * Non-EU applicants can apply under condition, if they already submitted pre-enrollment application at the Italian Embassy from 2018-06-25 00:00 to 2018-08-27 16:30